Color me crazy but how is it already the Friday of Memorial Day weekend? It’s time to get summer-ready, sunshine lovers!
Whatever you pretties have planned after you hang your flags ~ sunning, swimming, surfing or a sizzling backyard BBQ ~ it’s easy to look cute & Vitamin D-ready this weekend and all summer long with some sunny essentials.
Here’s your Summer Sweet Sixteen checklist!
(1) Sunnies. Besides shielding your pretty peepers from the sun’s rays, sunnies are a great way to check out the scenery ~ and when you like what you see, you can slide those shades off to give your best wink & smile, Flirty McFlirterson.
Kate Spade Florence Broadhurst Retro Pink Sunnies
Tory Burch Tortoise Cat Eye Sunglasses
(2) Flippies. How many pairs of flip-flops do you have in your closet right now? If you’re like my sandal-savvy friend Suzanne, I’m guessing too many to admit…but here are a couple picks to get you started, sweethearts.
The King of the Flip-Flop World, Havaianas
Perhaps a prrrfect Mother/Daughter match from the fabulous Nina Garcia for Havaianas?
My go-to treats for tootsies ~ Tory Burch
(3) Floppies. I love a Bardot-esque sunhat.
Be sure to get one with a wide brim in breathable material so your pretty little heads don’t get overheated, darlings.
Kate Spade Garden Society Floppy Hat
Mossimo Straw Cowboy Hat
Betsey Johnson Flower Fedora
Click on this funked-up, jazzy-cool interactive video from Kate Spade ~ guaranteed to get you in a summer frame of mind! You can make up the music & moves as you go along! Quel funtimes.
For simple string bikini lovers like moi, Calypso has cuteness written all over its colorful Rasa bikini:
(5) Cover Up. Supersoft cotton like this Riviera Striped number from Nanette Lepore was made for sunkissed skin.
Pick up this cuteness from Nordies now ~ the Half-Yearly Sale started yesterday ~ don’t delay!
…then nab this Trina Turk treat on June 6 when her exclusive line hits Banana Republic!
(6 & 7) Shorts & Skorts. As far as I’m concerned, a few pairs from Lilly and you’re all set, sunshines. Her pretty & preppy scalloped style shorts and rick-a-rack trimmed skorts are sure to show-off those sassy stems.
Frocks ~ a (9) mini and a (10) maxi and you’re covered, cuties.
(11) Wedges. Sculpt stems in seconds with some sassy sandals.
Steve Madden Manngo Wedges
Jimmy Choo Hot Pink Espadrille Slides
TB Sherri Floral Flatforms
(12) Tote. Carry-on as Tim Gunn would say with these fun totes!
Tory Burch Jade Kerrington Tote
Kate Spade Daycation Harmony Tote
Juicy Pool Party Leann Tote with matching towel, now 30% off!
Cute stripe duffle from XXI
(13) Polish. I change my nail polish as often as I change my outfit. Current fave: Essie Lights from the Poppy-Razzi collection ~ a glam lil’ gift from my stylish Sis!
(14) Baubles. I’m a gold girl but also love a pop of pretty pigment. For all your accessory needs check out my latest love, BaubleBar. Obsessed!
Tangerine Teardrop Bib Necklace
Maize Lace Drop Earrings
Aqua Boho Drops
(15) Good Reads. Whether it’s on paper, iPad, Kindle, or Nook ~ pack your fave glossies and a good book.
Unless you want to look like this, lovelies…lather up the SPF and keep re-applying. Resembling a catcher’s mitt is never in style. Quel horreur!
Hope this list was helpful!
Ok, I gotta go get a head-start on the weekend ~ bye!