Decisions, decisions… Black Friday or Cyber Monday? What’s a girl to do? For starters, remember the golden rule of stress-free shopping: always reward your efforts with something fizzy and fabulous.
Shoppers, meet the Sparkle-tini.
Now let’s get to it. What’s your shopping style? Some say Cyber Monday is the new black. So if crowds aren’t your cup of tea, get ready to nestle up in your nest, Bellini in hand, and start shopping.
If you’re a professional shopper, have a tolerance for flash-mobs, or simply get giddy about shopping sales in the flesh, then Black Friday is for you. Just don’t forget the red jumpsuit and gumball pearls.
If you enjoy the experience and interaction of Black Friday, but would prefer to support local retailers and hang with the Jones’s, you should consider Small Business Saturday.
Local lovelies: lucky you! Thanks to the Washingtonian, you can shop ‘til you drop with this fabulous list of deals for the weekend.
Whatever your shopping style may be, you need a plan, pretties. Make your list, check it twice, and here’s some friendly advice…
- Jot it down. Every item. Be specific so you won’t veer off course.
- Identify retailers of the products you plan to purchase. Then if you haven’t already, sign up for their email updates.
- Don’t forget Facebook & Twitter – retailers often run exclusive deals for fans and followers. Also check in on Foursquare to unlock special deals.
- Stay the course – check online for maps of shopping centers and route your shopping accordingly. Don’t waste precious time walking aimlessly from one end of the mall or street to the other.
- Arrive early. Most stores open their doors at 5 a.m. Coffee is your friend, especially after all that tryptophan. Are you a night owl? Many stores start deals Thursday at midnight.
- Act fast! Grab first, try on later.
- Leave bulky coats and strollers at home.
- Two words: antibacterial wipes.
- I have literally shopped ’til I dropped, so be conscious of how much merch you’ll be carrying, and consider enlisting the extra arms of a friend!
- Bring a fully charged phone (to check new deals as they pop up throughout the day or call for consult or backup).
- Organize coupons so they’re easily accessible. Keep bags zipped and wallets secure & safe from five-finger-discounters.
- Avoid long lines and bring your own snacks – nuts or Powerberries do the trick for moi.
- Wear comfy shoes. Wedges are both cute & comfy, but can also help with hard-to-reach items.
- A cute outfit is a must – you never know when a handsome shopper will need your advice shopping for his mom or sisters…
After your shopping success, it’s time to treat yourself to a Cupcake Champagne Cocktail from my fave gals over at Fashionably Bombed. You’ve earned it, cupcakes!